The Government has integrated cultural diversity and the diversity of cultural expressions in education curricula and research through the following programs;
1. Integrate Culture into the National Curriculum; and
2. Research and Publication;
On the basis of Constitution of Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste Section 59 related to the "Education and Culture," consider the contribution of both area as essential element for the sociocultural development in the country. Hence, the national curriculum in basic and the secondary school level are included the fine arts subject to regenerate the knowledge of the cultural diversity and the diversity of cultural expression to the young generations.
To integrate the cultural subjects into the study program, the State Secretary for Art and Culture has been cooperating with the national and international research institution have been making research in cultural area. As the result many books were published and are used into study program. In addition, the government has been supporting and motivating the cultural professionals to develop activities that contribute to the transmitting of cultural knowledge to the young generation.
Research and publications are the essential ways to regenerate the cultural heritage of the country. In this case, several research has been held in cooperation with the civil societies, and the national and international institutions. As the result, many books were trough this cooperation program.
Reported achievements include;
1. the subject of arts and culture on traditional based has been implemented within national curriculum of basic and secondary
educations level in 2012;
2. has inserted the dialects and resistance history within the curriculum of basic education level through subject of arts, and ongoing
process of inserting the traditional textile as immaterial cultural heritage of Timor-Leste;
3. has facilitated the training on the transmission of knowledge of ceramics and craft in Manatuto and Liquica municipalities in 2014;
4. has facilitated the training on the transmission of traditional dance "Bidu Ai-Los" to young people in Covalima municipality in 2007;
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Culture
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport
Institute for scientific study and research of UNTL