More information - Portugal
Président de la République:
Son Exc. M. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
Disponible uniquement en anglais
António Nóvoa CV
- Born on December 12, 1954, in Valença (Portugal).
- President of the University of Lisbon (2006-2013).
- Honorary President of the University of Lisbon (since 2014).
- Full Professor at the Institute of Education of the University of Lisbon (since 1996).
- Ph.D. in Education, University of Geneva (Switzerland), 1986.
- Ph.D. in History, University of Paris IV-Sorbonne (France), 2006.
- Doctor Honoris Causa by four universities: University of Algarve (Portugal), 2015; University of Brasília (Brazil), 2015; Lusophone University of Humanities and Technologies (Portugal), 2016; Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), 2017.
- Consultant for Education of the President of the Portuguese Republic (1996-1999).
- Corresponding Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Lisbon and of the International Academy of Portuguese Culture.
- President of the Commemorations of the Day of Portugal (2012).
- In 2005, he received the Grand Cross of the Order of Public Instruction (Portugal).
- In 2014, he earned the Annual Prize of the University of Coimbra.
António Nóvoa has a wide international experience, namely in European and American universities. He has conducted graduate seminars in thirty universities. He was a Professor or Visiting Researcher at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1993/1994), University of Oxford (2001), Columbia University in New York (2002), University of Brasília (2013/2014) and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (2017).
António Nóvoa has given about 400 main lectures on educational and scientific matters, in countries like Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, England, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden, and the United States of America.
António Nóvoa is a specialist in History of Education and Comparative Education, having published in subjects such as the teaching profession, teacher education, education and higher education policies, university pedagogy or the future of universities. Its academic bibliography consists of about 200 titles, published in countries like Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, England, Portugal, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States of America.
In 2016, he ran as an independent candidate for President of the Portuguese Republic, and finished in second place.
Délégation permanente du Portugal auprès de l'UNESCO
Commission nationale portugaise pour l'UNESCO
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Largo das Necessidades
Tél: (351 21) 394 66 52
Fax: (351 21) 394 69 60
Email: cnu(a)mne.pt; rita.brasilbrito(a)mne.pt
Site web: www.unescoportugal.mne.pt