The sculpture park consists of a large collection of 263 works by over 133 artists from around the world who have participated in the annual Sculpture Symposium held by Ayia Napa Municipality. The expansion of the collection is an ongoing project, involving artists from around the world, turning the park into an open-air workshop.
Artists from all over the world gather together during each winter and spring of the year to create sculptures by the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. The Sculpture Park presents different styles of sculptures which the public can see for free as they pass through the beautiful city of Ayia Napa.
The Sculpture Park covers an area of over 20 000 squared meters sloping down towards the beach through a rocky terrain which creates a beautiful environment to take in the variety of sculptures created in Cypriot limestone, metal, ceramic or brass. The most interesting is that the artists create their artwork on site - which means that during winter and autumn. Ayia Napa Municipality provides to the participant artists the following:
1. Each artist has free accommodation and full board for a period of three weeks in Ayia Napa hotels.
2. Materials of the artist's creation and the tools and equipment except from the small personal tools which the artist must bring along.
3. An Entry Visa Invitation for artists from third countries.
4. The booking and ticket payment are made by the artist and Ayia Napa Municipality reimburses the artist for the corresponding amount upon arrival in Ayia Napa.
5. An Artist's Gratuity of a thousand euro (EU1,300) to every artist, after the completion of the project.
* Creation of a multinational Sculpture Park.
* Opportunities for networking and collaboration between artists from different countries (incl. third countries)
* Public access to contemporary artworks, created by Cypriot and foreign artists.
$83000 - $120000 per year (since 2014)
It is a multinational Sculpture Park and one of the largest Open-Air Museums and the most important Cultural Reference Point of Ayia Napa. So far, it has received several awards including the Platinum Award at the Cyprus Tourism Awards 2020 (Category: Museums/Historical sites/Cultural Sites, Events, Routes).
Also, opportunities were given to recognised and famous artists from different countries, including artists from third countries, to work together, exchange views and create sculpts of great artistic value.
It also receives a very high number of visitors every year.