In the context of promoting Cultural Community Tourism in North Province of Rwanda, especially in Burera District, Burera Youth Community organize annually IKIBUMBUZE Event, ritual events show and mystery story about Nyabingi who was taken as deity in Ndorwa Kingdom of Rwanda, as the introductory event to Umuganura or the harvest celebration. It is celebrated at the end of July while Umuganura is celebrated the first week of August every year. Various artistic expressions are presented with messages to promote a hunger-free nation. This popular event also constitutes an important opportunity to strengthen social cohesion among all members of the community.IKIBUMBUZE Event is celebrated annually in July-August. It introduces the harvest celebration which is held on the first Friday of August and celebrated countrywide.
Main activities are:
- Local culinary arts promotion;
- Exhibitions (Arts products, handicraft, and economic performances);
- Preparations of Umuganura;
- Invitation of partners from other districts and different institutions.
- The roots of Nyabingi Cultural Heritage Center was put in place. Cultural tourism has been developed alongside the roots of Nyabingi with a cultural museum in Butaro.
- A holistic plan of Cultural Community Tourism was set across Burera District.