Thanks to the political advances that have allowed greater institutional coordination in favour of the diversity of cultural and creative expressions, the Colombia Crea Corporation was created in 2019 by the National Council of the Orange Economy. It's is a non-profit civil corporation, with corporate participation of public and private entities. For this reason, it is governed by private law and has an autonomous management of its resources. The corporation's main objective is to promote the development of the value chains - in terms of training, creation, production, distribution, circulation and citizen access - of the various creative sectors linked to the arts, entrepreneurship and culture.
For this purpose, Colombia Crea was designed as a strategic manager who independently contributes to the implementation and sustainability of the policies related to the Orange Economy. Colombia Crea will generate intersectoral work tables and spaces for public-private alliances; it will channel the existing instruments for the promotion of the creative sectors, design and operate financing mechanisms, and become a strategic ally for all kinds of entrepreneurs in the creative economy.
The creation of the corporation responds to challenges of different kinds that have hindered the consolidation of a policy for the promotion of the creative and cultural economies. On the one hand, there are poor training schemes in the cultural and creative sectors, as well as obstacles related to perceptions that hinder public-private coordination. Additionally, there are deep gaps in social access to the cultural offer, as well as marked disparities in the circulation of cultural goods, products, and services between the regions. All of the above is reinforced by deficiencies in the regional coverage of the country's cultural infrastructure.
Taking the foregoing into account, the Colombia Crea Corporation was assigned the following functions:
1. Design, management, administration or execution of projects in various fields of the creative industries.
2. Management and administration of projects of natural and legal persons in the cultural, artistic, and social spheres, and of initiatives in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI).
3. Coordination and administration in cultural or STI public projects, and in areas connected to the creative and cultural industries.
4. Execution of projects in research and experimental development (R&D) through universities or partner institutions. This includes creative work carried out to increase the volume of knowledge, including knowledge of humans, culture and society, and the use of that knowledge to create new applications in the cultural and creative industries; development of basic research projects for experimental purposes; development of applied research projects for the acquisition of new knowledge, or for practical purposes; and experimental development for the production of new materials, products and services, including the installation of new processes, systems and services, or improvement of existing ones in the field of cultural and creative industries.
5. Promotion of regulatory, financial and market initiatives and promotion of the creative economy before national and international organisms and audiences.
6. Creation and management of public-private alliances for the development of cultural, infrastructure and other projects in the Corporation's field of action.
7. Research and knowledge production in fields related to the creative economy. The Corporation can act as an Observatory of Creative Economy and as a research hub in Science and Technology with prior compliance with the established requirements.
8. Development of investment activities in the cultural field, and reinvestment of the generated resources for the continuity of the Corporation's programs and activities.
9. Development, execution and diffusion of projects that contribute to a participatory cultural life, with the capacity to foster the industrial, economic and social development of communities and the satisfaction of their cultural rights.
10. Creation of synergies with cultural actors to further the mission of the Corporation.
11. Technical and managerial cooperation, as well as the administration of or association in public and private projects in national and international spheres.
12. Liberty to enter into contracts, agreements and do any legal business within the field of action and autonomy of the Corporation.
13. Management or administration of existing financing instruments regarding the artistic, cultural and creative economy sectors, through necessary agreements with the relevant entities.
14. Production, content creation and distribution services for: public messaging, film, tv, and other media.
15. Activities as administrative and oversight entity in the area of Special Safeguarding Plans for manifestations of the Intangible Cultural Heritage.
16. Production activities in all the links of the value chain of the cultural and creative industries.
17. Development of its own projects and administration, management or association through any type of legal agreement with those of third parties of a public or private, national or international nature.
18. Production, administration, collection of box-office, and operation of infrastructure in public shows.
19. Promotion of academic and training schemes in formal and non-formal environments.
20. Negotiation, application and adaptation of technologies in the fields of its corporate purpose.
21. Provision of services as a logistics operator in the cultural field.
It is important to clarify that, although public entities participate in the Colombia Crea Corporation, it is an autonomous entity that does not depend directly on the National Government.
In consideration of its recent creation, the Colombia Crea Corporation has not yet had significant results in the fulfilment of its functions. However, the signing of the articles of incorporation is considered an achievement in and of itself.
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
Ministry of Culture
Bogota Chamber of Commerce
Organisation de la société civile (OSC)
Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism