Creative New Zealand’s Cultural and Artform Exchange
To support artists to engage in cultural and artform exchanges which help them develop their practice and networks. The exchanges can involve transmission and acquisition of traditional cultural knowledge and/or innovative artform practice.
Creative New Zealand’s Cultural and Artform Exchange comprises:
- Arts residencies in South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and Japan, in partnership with the Asia New Zealand Foundation
- Asia Artform Exchange: offers New Zealand artists, arts organisations and practitioners the opportunity to build relationships and to increase artistic exchanges with artists/practitioners in targeted territories in Asia
- Curator Tour to South Korea and China, in partnership with the Asia New Zealand Foundation
- Indigenous International Artform Exchange: supports projects by Māori artists working collaboratively with other indigenous artists creating new work or redeveloping existing work
- Indigenous Dance Residency - The Banff Centre (Canada)
- Indigenous Writing Programme - The Banff Centre (Canada)
- Indigenous Curators Exchange in partnership with Australia Council
- Indigenous Producers Exchange in partnership with Australia Council
- Pacific cultural and art form exchanges (described in more detail in the section ‘Preferential Treatment to Developing Countries’)
- Scottish Playwright Residency and Exchange in partnership with Playmarket NZ
New Zealand artists supported to engage in cultural and artform exchanges which help them develop their practice and networks
Creative New Zealand evaluates each component of its Cultural and Artform Exchange programme according to the specific outcomes sought for each component.