The UAE's Culture Agenda 2031, launched in 2018, is the country-wide strategy for culture. It has 7 strategic objectives and 75 strategic initiatives. The strategic objectives of the Culture agenda which support the flow of cultural goods into and out of the UAE are:
* Provide high-quality cultural infrastructure
* Build a holistic and sustainable cultural ecosystem
* Introduce the concept of the cultural and creative industries in the UAE
* Strengthen the role of culture in international relations
Among the strategic initiatives of the Culture Agenda, the following initiatives will continue to impact the flow of cultural goods and services:
* Provide spaces and labs to encourage cultural and artistic experimentation
* Develop a funding framework to support the cultural sector
* Assess the IP system to support the cultural sector
* Ensure culture is a main component of other sectoral policies, strategies, and initiatives
* Establish a national committee mandated with the development of the cultural and creative sector in the country
* Develop a strategy to nurture and grow the CCI sector in the country
* Establish a sustainable cultural development fund to support individuals, entrepreneurs, and institutions
* Support the establishment of cultural markets (digital and non-digital)
* Develop an export strategy for local cultural products
* Strengthen cultural relations and exchange at the regional and international levels
These strategic initiatives will have both a direct and indirect impact on the flow of cultural goods and services. Some of the ways in which this will happen include through an increase in partnerships between cultural businesses in the UAE and globally, growing interest to engage with the UAE's cultural sector, cultural products and services that can be exported or shared via cultural exchange programs, and increasing interest among artists and cultural professionals to create or develop their trade in the UAE, to name a few.
Many cultural goods already flow in and out of the UAE. Moreover, many programs and institutions currently exist to encourage artists and cultural professional to make the UAE a destination of choice for their practices and businesses.
As the Culture Agenda 2031 is a 10 year long strategy, the next steps for the UAE will be to launch the Cultural and Creative Industries Strategy, which is planned for 2021, and develop an export strategy and establish cultural exchange agreements for goods and services.