Dubai Internet City was established in 2000, to create an encouraging environment and free-zone for businesses and innovation, and this includes cultural businesses. It offers commercial spaces, co-working spaces, fabrication and prototyping spaces, freelance licenses, retail, light industrial units, and warehouses.
Impact it had on UAE digitization efforts:
* Led UAE to launch eGovernment and eDirham
* UAE ranked 6th on the global scale of online services index
* UAE launched "UAE strategy for Artificial Intelligence"
* Even helped recently with digitizing control over Covid-19
Statistics and outcomes:
* Now with more than 24,000 professional workers from over 160 nationalities
* Over 1,600 technology companies