The CCD Educational area promotes the conscious use of digital tools that facilitate the exchange of knowledge, social transformation, artistic production and the creation of content for the Internet. It is responsible for building and maintaining training strategies within the vast territory that shape contemporary digital and technological tools, with an emphasis on their creative use, to promote cultural transformation through development and equity based on inclusion. The foregoing, bearing in mind the need to serve diverse communities, with a special focus on the youth population of our country.
Some of the topics addressed more regularly in the workshops and activities of the CCD Educational area include new artistic media, productive activities, digital narratives, etc.
The strategic lines of the workshops address:
- Inclusion: Creation of links with specific and vulnerable sectors of the public, in order to generate dialogues in peripheral or marginalized social environments.
- Digital literacy: involves the development of essential basic knowledge to relate in a conscious way with the electronic means that govern our communication and exchange processes. With topics such as: Equipment with open technologies, Security, Neutrality, Maintenance, Recycling.
- Training: it includes ramifications that provide specific elements for the development of creative skills where technology plays a fundamental role, such as creativity technologies, open source technologies, technology and science, technology and art, ancestral and land technologies.
- Professionalization: specialized collaborative activities that address specific topics to expand and deepen the knowledge curriculum in the community of digital creators. Capabilities are addressed in topics such as software development, hardware development, wetware, as well as analysis and criticism of digital culture and its derivatives.
- Disclosure: addressing, through pedagogical programs, the knowledge and development of relevant national and international creators who actively work and impact the dynamics of digital culture.
Activities offered by the Educational Area of the Digital Culture Center (CCD):
Total activities: 105
Total attendees: 1,815
Total activities: 95
Total attendees: 1,054
Total activities: 96
Total attendees: 1,292
Total activities: 82
Total attendees: 1,145
2016 - 2019 total activities: 378
2016 - 2019 total attendees: 5,306
2017 - 2019: circa $126,377.16 US