the Festival of Youthful and Cinematic Production for Short Films
1. To increase the cinematic production of the youths by providing youth sector the opportunity to present their ideas and cinematic works encourage them to participate in their art production in the national and international festivals .
2. To highlight youth artistic production with the use by wide media to provide the official support by the government.
3. Giving the opportunity to discover the creative artistically young people through the acquaintance of their cultural production
The Department of Culture and Arts at the Iraqi Ministry of Youth and Sports has endeavor to create appropriate conditions to enhance capacities of the youth of both sexes to produce short films and documentaries to support aspects related to the protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions.
Such festivals are usually announced and text of youth are received from all regions of Iraq. Texts are often technically and artistically evaluated by a specialized committee. Those young people are, then, granted an amount of money for producing their films as the artistic products are presented to the committee for further artistic evaluation. Works are selected and then displayed at the National Youth Festival to compete for the first three positions ; -
The first prize is ( $ 12000 ) twelve thousand dollars , The second prize is ( $ 8000 ) eight thousand dollars and the third prize is ($ 4000 ) four thousand dollars
1. Increasing the youth art production by 30 % in comparison with previous years when (160) one hundred and sixty texts were received and examined for evaluation in addition to produce thirty- two youth film .
2. The art works of the youth have been stepped-up by 50% that participated in national and international levels.
3. Covering the satellite and media channels of 14 fourteen channels such as ( Al- Hurrah , Iraqi Media Network , AL- Hurriah , Al- Sharqia ) in addition to the local journals such as Al-Sabah and electronic newspapers …etc ) of this festivals .
4 .Discovering two creative artistic talents in the southern and rural areas far from the capital Baghdad and would paying attention for them in the future to increase the artistic production.
194.500.000 /one hundred – ninety four million and five hundred thousand dinars which is equal to 155600 one hundred – fifty five thousand and six hundred dollars (2013-2014).