The first Crafts Festival
The festival included productive workshops of craft industries, design and development process of craftsman. Those practical workshops included modern equipment and tools which contribute to the development of craft industries and promote craftsmen’s innovation to create advanced national crafts product. The festival also had training workshops targeting diverse segments of community like craftsmen, business leaders and school’s students. The first day of the festival contained a working paper entitled “The role of the Public Authority for Craft Industries in the promotion of projects”, in addition to reviewing of training points/ areas about the available handicrafts fields. The most prominent advanced crafts in the areas of silver jewelry, textile industries of cotton and woolen, silverware, pottery, leather industries, distillate aromatic, incense, copperplate, silk industries, antiques, housewares, accessories, and sculpture bones products have been displayed.
The main features of the measure are:
1. This measure highlights the Sultanate's efforts to support craft industries and craftsmen.
2. Develop craft skills and their products.
3. Reflects the importance of Omani crafts and craftsmen.
4. Collect Omani skills under one roof.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Producinf advanced and high quality crafts.
2. Awareness of community members of the importance of crafts industries.
4. Helping those who are interested in crafts industries to develop their skills.
5. Marketing Omani craft products.
The financial support is provided by the Public Authority For Craft Industries.