ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement (ATIGA), was signed on February 26, 2009 at the 14th ASEAN Summit in Thailand among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam has approved the implementation of the ATIGA which came into effect on May 17, 2010. In order to fulfill Viet Nam's commitments on import tariff stated in ATIGA, the Government issued Decree No. 129/2016 /ND-CP on Special preferential import tariff of Viet Nam to implement the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement 2016-2018, effective from September 1, 2016.
On December 28, 2016, the Government issued Resolution No. 109 / NQ-CP approving ASEAN Harmonized Tariff Nomenclature Book 2017 (AHTN 2017)
The AHTN 2017 was built based on revising the 2012 version in order to timely update the changes in technology, trade and goods classification to suit the actual situation and market demand and ensure harmonization with the system of international description, annotations and codes in the new era.
The AHTN 2017 was developed by Viet Nam and ASEAN countries with the aim of unifying the Book and tariffs among ASEAN countries, synchronizing the description, annotations and codes of goods in order to promote the free movement of goods and economic integration in the region, and particularly to contribute to the forming process of the ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) and ASEAN Economic Community.
The following special preferential import tariffs are issued:
- Special preferential import tariff of Viet Nam to implement the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement - India 2018 - 2022. 159/2017/ND-CP. 27/12/2017
- Special preferential import tariff of Viet Nam to implement the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement - South Korea 2018 - 2022. 157/2017/QD-TTg. 27/12/2017
- Special preferential import tariff of Viet Nam to implement the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement 2018 - 2022. 156/2017/ND-CP, 27/12/2017
- Special preferential import tariff of Viet Nam to implement the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement - China 2018 - 2022. 153/2017/ND-CP, 27/12/2017
These policies reduce and eliminate import tax according to the 2018-2022 roadmap for all imported goods under the specialized management of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. These are classified by codes under Viet Nam's List of Exports and Imports, specifically:
- Cinematographic, performing art works and other audiovisual products, regardless the material they are recorded on.
- Fine arts and photographic works
- Collectibles, relics and antiques which do not belong to the state, political organizations or socio-political organizations.
- Electronic game machines and devices with installed game programs; electronic game machines and devices with installed game programs with prize-winning and scoring system, casino specialized machines.
- Children toys.
In addition, these special preferential import tariffs for ASEAN partners also apply to the following categories of goods related to cultural and creative industries:
- Wood and wooden products; wicker and rattan products
- Books, newspapers, pictures and other printing products; handwritten and typed manuscripts and diagrams
- Knitted or crocheted clothing and apparel, not knitted or crocheted clothing and apparel
- Ceramics, jewelry, golden and silver industrial products and others.
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Relevant ministries and agencies