The international training program for crafts Trainers in intellectual property for small and medium enterprises.
Supporting the Authority initiatives in the protection of intellectual property rights for Craft Industries. The program was organized in order to develop craft training and production programs which are carried out by the Public Authority through craft training and production centers in various governorates of Oman. The training program discussed a number of themes related to the areas of cooperation with the World Intellectual Property Organization "WIPO", the role of the successful management of intellectual property in developing the competitiveness of small and medium enterprises as well as reviewing the business organization's strategy through developing intelligent competitive skills, strategic use of intellectual property rights as well as how to apply and promote intellectual property rights in the Sultanate. It should be noted that the Public Authority strives to increase awareness among craftsmen of the importance of benefiting from the programs and mechanisms of intellectual property rights in order to protect innovations and Omani craft designs. It is also very keen to support craftsmen towards the establishment of successful small and medium-sized craft enterprises through access to international expertise and experience in the areas of protection of innovations rights and enhancing crafts marketing.
The main features of the measure are:
1. Organizes training programs in the field of intellectual property.
2. Enhance areas of cooperation between the Sultanate and the WAIPO.
3. Develop the culture of Crafts towards the importance of registering crafts production for the brand.
4. Develop the knowledge of craftsmen about the role of the organization to maintain property rights.
5. Protects various cultural products from intellectual stole.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Getting different crafts products on the patents.
2. Compete crafts on the development of their different works.
3. Creating skilled Omani a generation with expertise in the field of intellectual property.
The Financial support is provided by The Public Authority for Craft Industries.