The ,,Kulturtankstelle" (,,cultural filling station") is a cooperative laboratory for artistic-scientific research, production and presentation. It is hosted by the Kunstuniversitat Linz (University of Art and Design Linz) and Oberosterreichisches Kulturquatier (the Upper Austrian Cultural Quarter).
The project is located at a former gas station on the ground floor of the car park in Linz, Upper Austria. The laboratory constitutes an interface between the host-institutions, whilst also facilitating cooperation among local, national and international actors. Projects involve two to three local, national and/or international partners from different universities and cultural institutions.
Since 2019, ,,Kulturtankstelle" defines itself also as a platform for transformative processes around social and spatial questions of cities in times of climate change. In October 2019, ,,Kulturtankstelle" started to develop, together with partners from Taiwan, Germany and Austria, the project ,,Green Explosion".
* Enabling synergies between theory and practice: key questions concern the topic of "space". Social, cultural, and economic aspects of space undergo a critical, artistic and scientific reflexion and discussion.
* Establishment of a transdisciplinary platform for exchange: the lab situation in the "shop area", the "rough spaces" of the workshop and the former car wash, as well as the open space in front of the shop, provide a vital mix of spaces, offering spaces for various types of events.
* Cooperative projects on regional, national and international level with universities and art institutions
* realisation of numerous projects and events, e.g. on sustainable urban development
* 80 per cent of the projects realised, were cooperative projects at national and international level, involving at least two partners, from e.g. Albania, Bulgaria, Germany, Great Britain, Serbia, Taiwan.
* cooperation with festivals, e.g. ,,Crossing Europe"-Festival
EUR 160,000/ USD 173,000 / annually
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
Land Oberösterreich (Federal Province of Upper Austria)