Regulations on the relationship between artists and artistic freedom were introduced in the Law of Mongolia on Copyright and Related Rights and regulations of the rights of artists, authors, copyrighted works, works protected by copyright, non-copyrighted works, artistic rights, and rights of radio and television organizations, and joint management organizations are defined specifically and enforced.
The following works are protected by copyright:
1. all types of written or oral scientific and literary works, as well as computer programs;
2. all kinds of works of music with and without lyrics;
3. works of all kinds of fine arts;
4. works of decorative and applied arts, stage decoration;
5. architectural works, sculptures, and architecture;
6. all kinds of dance art, contortion, pantomime;
7. all kinds of stage plays, musicals and performances;
8. all types of photographic and similar works;
9. audio-visual works;
10. derivative works;
11. Dictionaries, reference books, anthologies, and other data compilations created as a result of creative work through the selection and placement of materials, which are considered to be intellectual works in their structure and content;
12. Derivative work based on folk art.
The law regulates the possession, use, disposal, and protection of works protected by copyright and related rights.
According to the law, the term of protection of an artist's performance rights is valid for 50 years from the date of the performance and recording. Besides, the legal environment for copyright protection, the rights of radio and television organizations, and the rights of phonogram producers on the Internet has been created.
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
Ministry of Culture
Culture and Arts Authority Implementing Agency of the Government of Mongolia