National Programme for Youth (2014-2017)
The objective of the National Programme is to enhance the activities of state administration bodies and public institutions that contribute to the fulfilment of needs of youth and boost up the quality of their lives with the aim of optimal social integration. The documents contain seven priority areas with forty measures and 118 tasks, which are entrusted to 17 state administration bodies. One of these priority areas is ‘Culture and Youth’ that contains five specific goals that tackle the importance of developing the diversity of cultural expressions.
The priority area ‘Culture and Youth’ of the National Programme has five goals, and each of these goals has a dedicated measure;
1) Increase the number of cultural content in the educational system, either through formal or informal programmes of contemporary cultural and artistic practices, and ensure financial support for it;
2) Facilitate access to culture and cultural content to all youth especially those young people in risk of social exclusion;
3) Ensure the increase of financial support and increase the number of cultural and media programmes and activities for the young and by the young;
4) Ensure the diversity, development and stability of special resources for the execution of programmes and activities for the young and by the young;
5) Ensure analytical and research background for activities in the field of needs, problems and potentials of youth in culture.
The implementation of the programme measures is expected to result in increased active and passive participation of youth in culture, enhance the quality and diversity of cultural and media content for the young and by the young and with special focus on young people in risk of social exclusion.