National Strategy for the development of Vietnamese cultural industries to 2020, with a vision to 2030, submitted to the Prime Minister for approval in 2016
The development of cultural industries becomes one of key factors for economic growth, contributing to increasing GDP, creating jobs by properly mobilizing and utilizing cultural resources, intellectual capital, creative capabilities combined with modern technology in order to create diversified cultural products and services, meeting the cultural enjoyment and consumption demand of people and export demand; at the same time building cultural market, strong brands, focusing on advantageous and potential industries.
The measure is a direct and the most visible action by the Vietnamese Government to implement the Convention in Viet Nam. The National Strategy for the development of Vietnamese cultural industries to 2020, vision 2030 prepared by MOCST since 2013, and submitted to the Prime Minister for approval in 2016 is a move forward, which reflects the changes in the approaches, policies and strategic commitments of Viet Nam in creative activities, production, dissemination and enjoyment of cultural products and services. The Strategy put forward specific measures on state management mechanism, human resources training, resources mobilization, social awareness raising, market development and enhancing international integration in the following fields related to cultural industries: Advertising, Architecture, Software and entertaining games, Handicrafts, Design, Film, Publishing, Fashion, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Photography and Exhibition; Television and Radio; Cultural Tourism. If it is put into practice with the participation of all ministries, sectors, local authorities, social groups, creative individuals and enterprises, the Strategy will be the biggest effort of Viet Nam in realizing commitments related to the 2005 Convention, placing cultural development in the close connection with socio-economic development of the country (increase contributions to GDP, numbers of employed and numbers of enterprises in cultural industries), highlighting the economic values of cultural and artistic creativity (increase the number of creative individuals and ideas in all fields of cultural industries) and paying much attention to the diversity in creativity of individuals, groups and communities in Viet Nam (increase the number of products and services of cultural industries with great values, satisfying the needs for enjoyment of domestic people and exporting purposes).
- Complete the mechanisms, create uniform legal framework, enhance the management capacity and enforcement capability of copyright and related rights, create favourable environment for the sustainable development of cultural industries in Viet Nam.
- Strive to increase income and contribution of the cultural industries to GDP at 3 % and create more jobs for the society.
- Focus on developing some sectors with advantages and potentials: cinema, performing arts, advertising, handicrafts, software and entertaining games, television and radio.
- Train and build capacities for staffs, managers, businessmen of sectors with advantages and potentials.
- Cultural industries become an important component of the national economy, creating more jobs for the society. Income from cultural industries is targeted to account for 7% of GDP.
- Strongly develop the cultural market, widen international integration, enhance export of cultural goods and services.
- Mobilize investment to establish 3 centres of cultural industries in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh city and some heritage centres at UNESCO heritage sites.
- Develop the network of domestic and foreign enterprises, forming some strong enterprises in cultural industries with advantages.
- Improve the quality of the human resources with high professionalism and business management skills, satisfying the demands for competition and international integration.