The National Strategy for the Development of Troodos Mountain Communities was launched in 2019 (it covers the period of 2020-2030, total estimated budget 200.000.000. The Strategy aims to improve the quality of life for the 30,000 residents of the Troodos Mountains communities, and stem rural depopulation. Among other objectives, the Strategy includes the protection and promotion of local cultural heritage as well as fostering cultural creativity:
* Upgrading infrastructures in mountain areas to improve social and cultural services.
* Improving access to libraries with the use of digital technologies.
* Upgrading cultural venues that host theatrical and musical performances to enhance access and participation in cultural life.
* Establishing Centers for Cultural Education in rural areas as well as programmes aiming to foster lifelong learning in the cultural domain.
* Empowerment and capacity building of human resources living in the communities
* Fostering entrepreneurship in cultural and creative sector.
Due to Covid19 pandemic there was a delay in the implementation of all policies and measures.
(for the implementation of the cultural features of the Strategy)
$12000 Yearly ($120000 for 2020-2030): Theatre Education
$1.067 373: School of Arts in Omodos High School