- The Promoting Positive Values in Society Program is the second program in the Ministry of Culture's action plan. It aims to instill the values of citizenship in society to achieve the objectives of the SDS and the pursuit of a better life by building the character of the Egyptian citizen to be an active member in a cohesive social structure that combats extremism and preserves the national identity.
* The ministry carried out 85 thousand cultural activities, including symposiums, salons, cultural conferences, plays, and arts shows, to the direct benefit of around 2.526 million citizens. The ministry also put on 743 theatre performances and 33760 cultural and artistic events with a view to entrenching the principles of diversity and accepting the Other. In addition, cultural and artistic competitions were held to instill the values of national belonging, such as the National Belonging Playwriting Competition and the second season of the competition entitled "I Am the Egyptian".
* The minsitry also held exhibitions and intellectual salons to acquaint the youth with their cultural identity, including the Youth Salon, the Forum for Cultural Dialogue, and the inauguration of the 40th session of the General Exhibition at the Museum of Modern Egyptian Art , in addition to launching the events of the fifth exhibition in the Culture Ministry's "Treasures of Our Museums", A selection of European Art series. The ministry honored 17 figures from among the symbols of the Revolution of 1919, which represented a turning point in Egypt's modern history, as part of the events organized by the ministry in celebration of the Revolution's hundredth anniversary.
* The ministry also launched the Nationality Enhancement Program in Minya, within the framework of countering extremism, with a view to enhancing the values and practices of citizenship and respecting religious and cultural diversity by creating a social, cultural and developmental climate that fosters societal peace and sustainable development. The program includes raising awareness of all kinds of social, religious and cultural discrimination, and raising children to respect diversity and citizenship rights. One hundred and seventy-two cultural and artistic activities were carried out with the aim of shunning extremism, including cinematic and theatrical shows and national celebrations from which 112863 citizens benefitted.
* The ministry also launched the Roaming Theatre project so that the largest possible number of professional theatre shows can tour the villages and hamlets outside the reach of cultural services, stemming from the ministry's faith in the role of art in combating extremism. This was done in 18 governorates as 250 performances were given in public squares and open spaces in 10 governorates, namely Luxor, Aswan, Minya, El Wadi El Gedid (New Valley), South Sinai, Marsa Matruh, Fayoum, El Beheira, and Gharbia, in addition to some village and hamlets in Siwa, Halayeb and Shalateen, with a total turnout of 350 thousand spectators.
(1US$ = 15.5 EGP)
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
- Supreme Council of Culture - Culture palaces in the different governorates - Public libraries in the different governorates - The General Egyptian Book Organization - Cultural Development Fund - National Center for Translation - Civil Society - Private