Radio New Zealand International
Radio New Zealand
Objectifs clefs de la mesure:
The service aims to:
- broadcast innovative, comprehensive and independent news and programming of interest to the Pacific region
- broadcast programming which encourages an awareness and understanding of New Zealand policies on regional issues of concern, foreign relations, development assistance, immigration, human rights, economic development, the environment and trade opportunities
- provide a reliable account of Pacific and New Zealand affairs for relay and use by broadcasters and listeners within the Pacific and beyond
- provide a reliable source of information in the event of natural disasters or a breakdown of local communication.
Périmètre de la mesure:
Nature de la mesure:
Principale caractéristique de la mesure:
Radio New Zealand International (RNZI) broadcasts in digital and analogue short wave to radio stations and individual listeners across the Pacific region. Around twenty Pacific radio stations relay RNZI material daily, and individual short-wave listeners and internet users across the world tune in directly to RNZI content. The RNZI signal can sometimes be heard as far away as Japan, North America, the Middle East and Europe.
In 2013, Radio New Zealand International delivered media development and training projects for the New Zealand Aid Programme, ABC International, PACMAS, the AIBD and the ABU. These included:
- media leadership training for Tonga
- technical training for Vanuatu
- infrastructure development work in Vanuatu and Solomon Islands
- journalism and technical workshops in Samoa for regional media.
Résultats attendus de la mise en œuvre de la mesure:
- Quality radio content broadcast in the Pacific
- Improved infrastructure for radio broadcasting in the Pacific
Ressources financières allouées à la mise en œuvre de la mesure:
Unable to determine
Domaine(s) de suivi