SMart Mobility Portal
- support of artists, culture professionals, and creative entrepreneurs who seek to be mobile
- facilitation and encouragement of cross-border mobility of artists and their projects through provision of professional information (and subsequently personal advice)
Obtaining accurate and comprehensive information and advice on mobility-related issues poses a challenge for many artists and culture professionals seeking to be mobile. With reference to existing good practices in other European countries, the project “SMart Mobility Austria” seeks to close this information gap by establishing a central online portal concerned with mobility-related issues for artists.
This portal builds on pre-existing online informational offerings regarding visas, work permits and residence permits (www.artistmobility.at, see below) and complements it by providing comprehensive information on the following additional regulatory issues:
- social security
- employment and work legislation
- possible legal forms for organisations
- forms of insurance
- authors’ rights
- the Austrian cultural landscape
Furthermore, this portal will incorporate a database on Austrian funding opportunities (e.g. funding schemes, scholarships, awards and residencies) for artists from all artistic disciplines. It will address both incoming and outgoing artists – Austrian nationals as well as EU and third-country nationals.
Special attention is given to specific rules applicable to artists and culture professionals. To ensure that the information provided meets their specific needs, the various chapters of the portal are prepared in cooperation with experts from the respective artistic fields. To ensure that the information provided is accurate and reliable, the platform cooperates with the competent national authorities/ministries, which verify the information. The information will be up-dated regularly, with a newsletter tool calling attention to changes.
This portal’s launch is scheduled for autumn 2016. The information will be available online free of charge, starting with German and English-language versions. In a next step, the establishment of a help desk providing personal advice is envisioned.
The project was initiated by the association SMartAT and is implemented in cooperation with the Arts and Culture Division of the Federal Chancellery of Austria.
- facilitation of access to tailor-made mobility-related information for cultural organisations, individual artists, cultural professionals, and cultural enterprises
- facilitation of mobility for artists & creative professionals and their artistic/creative products, and of cultural exchange
- facilitation of working opportunities of artists and creative professionals
Funding: to date EUR 75,000,- (3x 25,000 for preparing and editing the content of the chapters, collecting information for the database, developing the design of the website and the workflow management, project management, and external advice)