Sponsorship and funding programmes of the Federal International Cultural Policy
- support international visibility of new Austrian musical and cinematographic works, in particular those of young creative talents
- provide spaces for presentation, encounters and networking for young artists abroad,
enabling them to develop markets and audiences for their work abroad and promote themselves internationally
- draw more attention to the fact that Austrian music creation – beyond the traditional – is as vibrant, modern and culturally diverse as ever
The sponsorship and funding programmes of the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs support Austria’s international cultural policy network (29 Austrian Cultural Fora, 64 Austria Libraries, 8 Austria Institutes, and 88 embassies and consulate-generals) in presenting a new generation of Austrian artists through artistic expertise as well as logistical and financial support.
The Austrian Short Film Exhibition was launched in 2012/2013 in cooperation of the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs and the Austrian Film Academy. Through the abovementioned network, exceptional Austrian short films are screened worldwide at film festivals, universities, schools, and the Austrian Cultural Fora. The exhibition includes a wide range of short feature films, documentaries, animated movies, experimental film formats, and music clips – formats that typically present the first audio-visual expressions of young filmmakers. The selection of the films is done by the Austrian Film Academy.
NASOM – New Austrian Sound of Music is a long-term sponsorship programme initiated by the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs, which strives to help promising young talents find opportunities to perform abroad. Selected artists/groups/ensembles receive support for their performances abroad for a period of two years, backed by the above mentioned worldwide network of embassies, Cultural Fora, and consulates. Every two years, a new group of emerging young musicians from the genres of classical music, jazz, pop, new music, and new folk music/world music is selected for NASOM sponsorship. Selection takes place in cooperation with mica – music austria (music information center Austria) and Austrian performing arts universities.
- an increase in and support of the circulation and number of screenings of Austrian short films as well as performances and tours of Austrian musicians abroad
- assistance to young talents in starting international careers via the creation of international presentation- and networking opportunities
No data available
An identifiable annual increase in the number of film screenings/ music performances through the network. In 2015, for example, NASOM supported 166 concert tours in 55 countries and 233 performances; this constitutes an increase of +53% over 2013 and +31% over 2014; To date, the Austrian Short Film Exhibition has been screened in 130 film screenings in 21 countries.