The international cooperation in the Ministry of Culture is developed in accordance with the strategic priorities of the organization and in line with the guiding documents of the country's economic and social policy: Conceptualizing of the Cuban Economic and Social Model of Socialist Development, the bases of the National Plan of Economic and Social Development until 2030: Vision of the Nation, Strategic Pillars and Sectors, and the Guidelines of the Economic and Social Policy of the Party and the Revolution for the period 2016-2021. Likewise, it contributes to the implementation carried out by the country of the Agenda 2030 of Sustainable Development.
It adheres to the legal framework determined in Cuba for this activity that establishes the relations with the different actors of the collaboration. In order to promote national culture and artistic and literary creation, synergies with other central state institutions and organizations are encouraged, based on the fulfillment of the country's objectives aimed at local development, increasing access to new technologies, training human resources and using renewable energy sources.
It is a fundamental part of the organization's comprehensive strategy for the international projection of Cuban culture, and it constitutes a platform for the management of international cooperation projects, which are channeled in three main lines: cultural and creative industries, appreciation, creation and art teaching, and the cultural heritage.
In recent years, cooperation actions have strengthened:
* The role of culture as an agent of socioeconomic development;
* The incorporation of the value chain approach in the cultural and creative industries;
* In the music industry:
o Design of the development strategy;
o Design and implementation of the Information and Analysis System;
o Improved music production capabilities: Technological update of 5 recording studios, from the incorporation of 130 new equipment;
o Digitalization and recovery of the music heritage;
o Innovative strategies adopted for the distribution of Cuban music: digital platform, participation and support to festivals;
* The appreciation and artistic creation in children and adolescents who participate in different workshops;
* The link with universities and national and international research centers to carry out studies and apply innovative solutions;
* The management and recovery of heritage in terms of local development.
* The integration of the country into the Caribbean region;
* Import substitution, export of services and ecommerce;
* The exchange between international cooperation actors and Cuban cultural institutions;
* The training of creators, specialists and managers in different topics;
* Technological updating.
With regard to the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD), the institutions of the cultural system, in coordination with the Center for International Collaboration of Cuban Culture (CCICC) and the Cuban National Commission for UNESCO (CNCU), registered various proposals to the calls made by IFCD during these years. However, in the period 2016-2019, none of the registered proposals were accepted. In this regard, it is recommended that the Secretariat of the Convention reevaluate the requirements requested in the calls, while calling for a strategy of capacity building for effective implementation of the IFCD for developing countries.
The 14 international cooperation projects developed during this period contribute to the achievement of the above-mentioned results. Five of these projects have been completed and nine are in the implementation phase. The total amount of the external contribution is 10,071,277.00 USD. One-off donations received in the amount of 902,682.56 USD also contribute to these results.
In this stage, the Ministry of Culture has been a counterpart in several cooperation projects developed with the United Nations agencies;
* UNICEF: "For the right to a healthy, safe and educated recreation for children and adolescents";
* UNIDO: "Strengthening competitiveness, organizational performance and export capacity of the Cuban music industry";
* "Towards a sustainable tourism strategy in the Vinales Valley";
* "Inventory of the Intangible Cultural Heritage present in the Cuban province of Guantanamo."
* Transculture Program. Integrating Cuba, the Caribbean and the European Union through Culture and Creativity."
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
The system of cultural institutions
In this stage, the expansion of cooperative relations with important actors in international cooperation has been significant , including the European Union (EU), the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) and the Korean Cooperation Agency (KOIKA), and relations have been consolidated with others, such as the British Council; the organization Music Fund For Cuba (MFFC) from the United Kingdom, as well as with European civil society organizations, including the Cultural Association (ARCI), the Cospe Onlus NGO, the CISP NGO from Italy, the Piti Fajardo Association, and the Jose Marti Valencian Association of Friendship with Cuba from Spain, among others. These working bonds are based on respect, exchange of knowledge and mutual commitment.
The activity of international cooperation has become an important element to cultural management in Cuba. It has contributed significantly to the development of capacities of workers in the sector and of cultural units of community work, as well as to the acquisition of materials and means that support the implementation of the cultural policy and encourage the sustainability of training and capacity building processes.