Supporting cultural diversity preservation and intercultural dialogue is an essential element of international cultural relations and an asset for the countries involved during this globalisation age. Cultural diversity is a factor for sustainable development.
International cooperation is carried out in line with the policy of the Bulgarian state regarding international relations, the priorities for developing Bulgarian culture and in compliance with the existing legal and legislation norms. It includes:
- promoting the values of cultural diversity;
- promoting Bulgarian cultural achievements overseas and foreign culture in Bulgaria;
- building a positive image of Bulgaria as a stable partner in international cultural policy and international relations through consistently conducted policy of active cultural relations development based on mutually agreed contractual relations; - affirming Bulgarian presence and status of Bulgarian culture;
- participation of Bulgarian artists in the art market abroad, supporting the free movement of artists, cultural values and cultural products;
- exploring opportunities for promoting and disseminating Bulgarian culture abroad through participation in various international events, contests, festivals, exhibitions and other appropriate forms, as well as for international events taking place in Bulgaria;
- organising international bilateral events in the country and abroad;
- planning, coordinating and controlling the activities of Bulgarian Cultural Institutes abroad; - opening new cultural institutes based on bilateral international agreements;
- establishing the role and mission of culture as a means of preventing and overcoming crisis situations and conflicts.
Participation in international organisations and platforms for cooperation and implementation of bilateral and multilateral cooperation agreements in the fields of culture and audiovisual arts. This is a prerequisite for establishing intercultural dialogue and encouraging the development of friendly and mutually beneficial relations with other countries around the world.
Integration of Bulgarian culture into cultural diversity and cultural processes on a global scale; expanding the influence scope and intensity of Bulgarian and international cultural achievements by attracting new audience.
The "Promoting Bulgarian Culture Abroad" Programme for the 2016 - 2020 period - 7 074 646 USD
|Nom du partenaire||Type d'entité|
Cultural institutions, cultural organisations both domestic and abroad
Organisation de la société civile (OSC)
In the annual reports and policy analyses of the Ministry of Culture.