In the 2015-2018 Information Society Strategy and Action Plan, within the scope of the goal of increasing access to cultural heritage works and scientific information;
- Coordination mechanisms and standardization of the digitization processes in information centers such as libraries, archives, and museums have been provided,
- Studies have been carried out to digitize cultural assets and artifacts in these information centers,
- Tools that enable easy access to them from different media have been implemented.
Almost all of the manuscripts included in the collection of the Directorate of Manuscripts of Turkey are digitized and presented to the service of researchers on the website.
In this framework;
• 28,115 manuscript works
• 89,599 volumes of Arabic, Persian and Turkish books published before the 1928 Alphabet Reform,
• 1.505 rare printed books with Latin letters, published before 1801, which are in the Directorate of Manuscripts collection, have been put into the service of researchers.