Women in Film
New Zealand Film Commission
Objectifs clefs de la mesure:
To increase awareness of gender equality in the New Zealand screen industry.
Périmètre de la mesure:
Nature de la mesure:
Principale caractéristique de la mesure:
As part of the New Zealand Film Commission’s ‘Diverse Voices’ strategy, programmes and initiatives are being developed to support film makers from all backgrounds and encourage them to express their unique voices through original storytelling.
The initiative 'Women in Film' is commited to increasing awareness of gender equality in the New Zealand screen insdustry. This involves:
- collecting and publishing information and statistics on women working in the screen industry
- setting a 50 percent target participation rate for women film makers in the professional development area
- identifying and engaging with female film makers
- encouraging proposals from guilds and industry organisations that support the professional development of women in the screen industry
- an Annual Scholarship Programme that offers scholarships across different disciplines in the screen industry where female participation is low. The first scholarship was awarded in 2015.
Résultats attendus de la mise en œuvre de la mesure:
To enhance understanding about how to increase the participation and retention of women in the industry.
Ressources financières allouées à la mise en œuvre de la mesure:
Unable to determine
Domaine(s) de suivi