Conférence sur l’inclusion, la mobilité et l’éducation multilingue
The conference will provide a space for practitioners, NGO staff, researchers and government representatives to explore and exchange on issues of language, inclusion, and mobility in education and development. The event will bringing the 13th Language and Development Conference (LDC) and the 6th Multilingual Education Conference together to demonstrate the shared mission between the LDC and the Language and Education Conference and to raise the profile of the language issues affecting achievement of Sustainable Development Goals globally in the context of global mobility.
The Conference aims to:
• Explore how an open and inclusive multilingual approach, especially in the context of education and wider society, can maximise outcomes and well-being for different groups and for an increasingly mobile population;
• Create linkages between policy, practice and research on how multilingual approaches can be used to advance (civic) participation, access, and learning for children and adults from marginalised and mobile communities;
• Investigate the role of, and balance between, different languages – local, national, and international – in the context of diverse and mobile populations, and social and educational practice;
• Identify policy priorities for advancing multilingual approaches to social and educational policy-making, learning and development;
• Raise awareness among participants in key thematic areas.