Ph.D, 2013, UNESCO chair - Life Sciences International Postgraduate Educational Center, Department of Biophysics and Biotechnology. Yerevan, Armenia
1. Varsik Martirosyan, Tirza Doniger, Chaim Wachtel, Yosef Steinberger, Gad Miller. Metagenomic analysis of laimosphere- and phyllosphere- associated microbial communities of perennial desert shrubs indicate a role for ecophysiological adaptation in microbial diversity. Submitted.
2. Ayrapetyan, Sinerik, Naira Baghdasaryan, Yerazik Mikayelyan, Sedrak Barseghyan, Varsik Martirosyan, Armenuhi Heqimyan, Lilia Narinyan, and Anna Nikoghosyan. (2015). Cell Hydration as a Marker for Nonionizing Radiation. Electromagnetic Fields in Biology and Medicine, 193.
3. Varsik Martirosyan and Yosef Steinberger. (2014) Microbial functional diversity in the phyllosphere and laimosphere of different desert plants. Journal of Arid Environments, 107, 26-33.
4. Varsik Martirosyan and Sinerik Ayrapetyan. (2014) Comparative study of time-dependent effects of 4 and 8 Hz mechanical vibration at infrasound frequency on E. coli K-12 cells proliferation, Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine. Online 1-5, DOI: 10.3109/15368378.2014.906449.
5. Varsik Martirosyan, Racheli Ehrlich, Yaffa Frend, Gineta Barness, Yosef Steinberger. (2013). Spatial heterogeneity of a microbial community in a sandy soil ecosystem, Pedobiologia. International Journal of Soil Biology 56, 195-203.
6. Varsik Martirosyan, Naira Baghdasaryan, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. (2013). Bidirectional frequencydependent effect of extremely low-frequency electromagnetic field on E. coli K-12, Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, vol. 32 (3), 291-300.
7. Varsik Martirosyan, Naira Baghdasaryan, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. (2013). The study of the effects of mechanical vibration at infrasound frequency on [3H]-thymidine incorporation into DNA of E. coli K-12, Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, vol. 32 (1), 40-47.
8. Varsik Martirosyan, The Effects of Physical Factors on Bacterial Cell Proliferation. (2012). Journal of low frequency noise, vibration and active control, vol. 31 (4), 247-256.
9. Varsik Martirosyan, Karlen Hovnanyan, and Sinerik Ayrapetyan. (2012). Carbon dioxide as a microbial toxicity enhancer of some antibacterial agents: a new potential water purification tool, ISRN Biophysics, vol. 2012, Article ID 906761, 7 pages.
10. Varsik Martirosyan, Levon Markosyan, Hrachik Hovhanesyan, Karlen Hovnanyan, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. (2012). The frequency-dependent effect of ELF-EMF and MV at IS frequency on the growth, division and motility of Escherichia coli K-12. The Environmentalist, vol. 32 (2), 157-165.
11. Varsik Martirosyan, Ehsanollah Moosavi and Sinerik Ayrapetyan. (2011). The study of the effects of carbon dioxide-induced elevation of hydrogen peroxide toxicity on microbes as a novel tool for water purification. World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 27 (5), 1091-1098.
12. E. Moosavi, V. Martirosyan, S. Ayrapetyan. (2009). A new approach for water purification from microbial pollution. International Journal of Biology and Biomedical Engineering, issue 1, vol. 3, 1-5.
1. Patent # 2575A - Water purification method. Martirosyan, V., Ayrapetyan, S. (2011). http://www.aipa.am/upload/File/Texekagir/2011_12.pdf.
2. Patent # 2357A - New method for water purification from microbes. Ayrapetyan, S., Moosavi, Eh., Martirosyan, V. (2010). http://www.aipa.am/upload/File/Texekagir/2010_3.pdf
1. Varsik Martirosyan, Steinberger, Y., Doniger, T., Wachtel, C. and Miller, G. Structural and functional microbial diversity determined by shrubs ecophysiological adaptation in Negev desert. The 99th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of America Sacramento, California, August 10-15, 2014.
2. Varsik Martirosyan and Yosef Steinberger. "Spatial distribution of a microbial community in sandy soil ecosystems as a tillage mediator." Proceedings & Abstract. 2nd International Scientific Conference, Soil and Crop Management: Adaptation and Mitigation of Climate Change, pp. 89-98.
3. Varsik Martirosyan, Karlen Hovnanyan, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. Cell hydration as an elevation factor of toxicity of some antibacterial agents on microbes (this fact can serve as a new tool for cleaning water from biological pollution), The Sixth annual conference on the physics, chemistry and biology of water, Vermont Photonics, USA, October 20-23, 2011. http://watercon.org/water_2011/posters.html
4. Varsik Martirosyan. The Study of the Effects of ELF EMF and IS on [3H]-thymidine incorporation into DNA of E. coli. UNESCO/ ONRG/ EOARD/NFSAT workshop ("The impact of EMF and infra-sounds at higher background ionizing radiation"), Tsakhkadzor, Republic of Armenia, October 12-15, 2011.
5. Christine Sargsyan, Karlen Hovnanyan, Varsik Martirosyan. The Effects of CO2 and H2O2 on Eelectro- Microscopic Structure of the Escherichia coli K-12. UNESCO/ ONRG/ EOARD/NFSAT workshop ("The impact of EMF and infra-sounds at higher background ionizing radiation"), Tsakhkadzor, Republic of Armenia, October 12-15, 2011.
6. Varsik Martirosyan, Ehsanollah Moosavi, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. Carbon dioxide induced elevation of hydrogen peroxide toxicity on microbes. 2nd International Biophysics Congress and Biotechnology at GAP & 21st National Biophysics Congress, 5-9 October 2009, Diyarbakir-Turkey. http://www.turkbiyofizik.com/ibc2009/poster_bildiri.pdf
7. Ehsanollah Moosavi, Varsik Martirosyan, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. A new approach for water purification from microbial pollution, pp. 38-43. Advances in Environmental & Geological Science & Engineering. Proceedings of the 2nd WSEAS International Conference on ENVIRONMENTAL and GEOLOGICAL SCIENCE and ENGINEERING (EG ’09). Transilvania University of Brasov, Romania, September 24- 26, 2009.
8. Ehsanollah Moosavi, Varsik Martirosyan, Sinerik Ayrapetyan. A new approach for water purification from microbial pollution, RECENT ADVANCES IN HEAT TRANSFER, THERMAL EMGINEERING & ENVIRONMENT, pp. 175- 180. Proceedings of the 7th IASME / WSEAS International Conference on HEAT TRANSFER, THERMAL EMGINEERING and 20-22, 2009.
9. Varsik Martirosyan, Ehsaollah Moosavi and Sinerik Ayrapetyan. The study of the mechanisms of carbon dioxide induced elevation of hydrogen peroxide toxicity on microbes and possibility to use these phenomena as an innovative tool for water purification. UNESCO/WHO/ONRG SEMINAR, ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS: MECHANISMS OF ACTION AND HEALTH EFFECTS, 24-26 October-2008, Yerevan, Armenia.